The Sheppard Trust was founded by Miss Elizabeth Sheppard in 1855 to provide low cost accommodation for elderly gentlewomen living on small fixed incomes. Over the years, it has rented or owned a number of properties in different parts of west London. Over a twenty year period from the mid-1930s to the mid-1950s it bought properties in the Holland Park area, where it is still located today.

Her Majesty The Queen meets residents of 2, 3 and 4 Landsdowne Walk.

The Trust today remains true to its original purpose, and in the last fifteen years has made great efforts to bring its properties up to present day standards.

The Trust is a member of The Almshouse Association.